7 gode læringsvanerapril 23, 2007
Donald Clark giver i sin blog – Donald Clark Plan B – et bud på 7 gode læringsvaner (Seven Habits of Highly Effective Learners):
1. Stick with a new habit until it takes root. Habits fall away unless stuck to for some time and with some vigour.
2. Always take something to read or listen. Autonomous learners always have something in their pocket or bag in what Marc Auge calls Non-Places – trains, airports, planes, automobiles, hotel rooms etc.
3. Take notes. The best way to ensure that knowledge sticks is to write it up in your own words. Studies show between 20-30% increase in recall when you take notes.
4. Habitually encode. Habitual learners simplify and structure the stuff they want to remember in the right order.
5. Replay and recall. Effective learners voluntarily recall what they’ve learnt at intervals after the event. Recall that talk on the way home from the conference, recall your holiday on the plane back.
6. Customise habit forming feeds. Customise your home page to encourage your bountiful learning habits.
7. Kick-start new learning habits. Blog, subscribe to a new magazine, feeds from new sources, use a new tool on web – good learners are always adding learning habits to their repertoire.
Kender du dine læringsvaner? Forudsætningen for at lære er, at du lærer at lære. Og det indebærer en livslang eksperimenteren med dine lærings(u)vaner. Altså både de gode vaner? Og de mindre gode vaner, som vi skal forsøge at omlære – eller i hvert fald motivere os til ikke at benytte os af så tit …